So guys... if you know me already, you already know I LOVE to bake! plus I also love to eat what I bake! so if you're anything like me, I'm here to share with you my guilty but not so guilty baking pleasures! I make sure every time I bake something sweet I try and make it paleo, gluten free, sugar free or all of the above! Even though baking this way doesn't technically mean its healthy.... its just healthIER!
Meaning: I CAN EAT MORE without feeling bad about it!
Recently, I have been making these AMAZING sugar free, gluten free chocolate peanut butter cookies! AND GUYS.... YOU WILL FREAK OUT they taste like freaking chocolate cake! I'm still not sure exactly how they turn out so good, but I'm not going to question it! I'm just going to eat them :)
Anyways the recipe is SUPER simple, hardly has any ingredients and bakes extremely fast... so that is my kind of cookie!!
1 cup organic smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
1 large egg
1/3 cup honey or liquid sweetner of your choice ( I use agave, honey or maple syrup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate chips or chop up 85% dark chocolate bar)
- Preheat oven to 355 F (180C)
- Prepare 2 cookie trays with non stick spray or cover with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the peanut butter, egg, honey (sweetener), and vanilla extract. Whisk until all combine together and smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking soda and stir until lumps are smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips! stir until the dough is looking smooth and shiny.
- roll into small balls and gently press dough balls down onto the prepared cookie tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine turn out best at 11 minutes).
- The cookies will look soft and a little bit wet when finished. let cool for a few minutes on pan. If you try to move them onto plate or rack too soon they will break.
- After cooling, texture should be very cake-like and chewy!
- Place on cute cookie plate, or decorative cake display for all to enjoy!
ps.. sometimes I double the recipe because they literally disappear the night I make them! It's always good to have more cookies :)
Let me know if you tried this recipe and send me photos of the finished product on my social medias!
HOPE YOU ENJOY THEM JUST AS MUCH AS I DO.... AND DON'T FEEL GUILTY EATING THE WHOLE PLATE :)