Everyone knows what it's like to have their bananas go brown before they got a chance to eat them... and for me that is a HAPPY time because that means BAKING TIME!!
As most of you may know, I like to bake things that are sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free! It totally eliminates the flour, refined sugar, and butter so many recipes contain! So in my eyes, I call this HEALTHY BANANA BREAD :)
This recipe is so so amazing, honestly better than any "regular" banana bread I have ever made. The loafs come out dense, soft, and full of moisture! Everyone loves that undercooked texture, and that's definitely what this recipe gives you!
Below, you will find the recipe to make 1 loaf! Modifications can be made if you do not have all the right ingredients. If you are vegan, you may want to try a flaxseed substitute. I have never tried that yet, but it's worth a try so you can enjoy this recipe as well :)
*If you made the cookies I recently posted... this recipe has a lot of the same ingredients*
2 overripe bananas
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut oil (or vegetable/canola oil)
1/4 cup organic smooth almond butter (or other nut butter)
1 tbs organic honey or maple syrup
1 tps vanilla extract
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
desired amount of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a 5"x9" loaf pan, line your pan with a nonstick cooking oil spray. I used coconut oil spray, which actually left a nice taste along the edges of the banana bread.
- Combine your dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix and leave aside.
- In a glass or microwave safe bowl, melt together your coconut oil and almond butter. Mine melted together after about 1 minute. Mix and pour into separate mixing bowl.
- Mash bananas and add to coconut oil and almond butter mixture.
- Mix in honey/maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add slightly beaten eggs to wet ingredient mixture, stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix until the batter is smooth.
- If you want chocolate chip banana bread... add and mix in chocolate chips to the batter now.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and let bake for 35 minutes. Top of loaf should be golden.
- Let banana bread cool before removing from pan to serve.
- EAT, SERVE & ENJOY :)
This beautiful loaf that can be put in a glass cake display, to look sweet and inviting on your kitchen counter! This loaf was such a hit in my house that I had to make two... just so it would last longer! If you want to do the same... just double up the recipe and you're good to go!
guilt free, naturally sweetened, perfect banana bread!
Let me know if you are planning on baking this banana bread! I'd love to see pictures of your baking!
xo - Kristen