I have tried so many gluten free + sugar free cookie recipes in my life and I swear they all come out tasting like sand (thanks to the coconut flour). The texture is so important when making a good chocolate chip cookie, and I think this recipe nails it right on the head!
They are low in sugar and carbohydrates, and don't contain any gluten! They are SUPER easy to make and take no time at all! I made them for our house the other evening.. and lets just say I should have doubled up on the ingredients because they were gone before morning!
Below you will find the the recipe to these chewy and deliciously healthy chocolate chip cookies!
1 egg slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil melted & cooled (or canola/vegetable oil)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, add in lightly beaten egg, coconut oil (canola/vegetable oil), coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Mix together until everything is combined
- Add almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda. Mix until combined ingredients turn into a smooth dough texture (will not be your typical chocolate chip cookie dough colour or texture).
- Pour in dark chocolate chips and mix.
- scoop cookie dough out of mixing bowl and roll into small balls (dough will be very sticky). place on baking sheet and press down to flatten.
- Once tray is full, place on middle oven rack to bake.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once finished, carefully take cookies out of oven and let cool before serving.
Let me know if you are going to try and bake them yourself!