Recently, Avocado Toast is all I've been seeing on cafe menus! It has become such a popular and trendy thing to eat! But for good reason... it is a nutritious, filling, and healthy lunch option! The best part about it is, you can top avocado toast with virtually anything! Avocado is one of those magic ingredients that you can take from savory to sweet with just one change of toppings! I have seen beautifully topped, sweet avocado toasts with walnuts and honey, and savory avocado toast topped with tomatoes and egg! It never gets boring, it's always interchangeable, and most importantly always delicious!
This recipe is probably one of the most highly requested one I've ever made! It's the most classic and simple way to make the perfect avocado toast! It is my favorite go-to snack, lunch, breakfast, and sometimes even dinner! It's honestly good at all times of the day!
2 Slices gluten free whole wheat toast (I use Trader Joes brand)
1 Large ripe avocado
Garlic Salt (I use Trader Joes garlic salt blend)
This recipe definitely does not need to be made Gluten Free! But I do prefer to use gluten free bread because I find it has a crunchier texture compared to a regular whole wheat toast! It also holds the weight of the avocados better than the regular toast and gives you that difference in texture!
- Toast 2 slices of gluten free bread
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit
- Once bread slices are toasted, lightly drizzle olive oil on top of toast
- Scoop out avocado halves and press half on one slice and half on the other
- Using a fork, thoroughly press avocado until chunks are smooth
- Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper to desired taste
- If you enjoy a bit of a spice kick, lightly sprinkle cayenne pepper on top
- Eat & enjoy :)
As I mentioned, I had many requests for this recipe since I know many of you have seen me make it in videos in the past, I hope you enjoy and can refer to it weekly! :)
Leave a comment below!